The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are travelling from the US to Britain and Germany next month for a series of events. Royal commentator Natalie Oliveri said it is “highly likely” Harry and Meghan, who struck a deal with Netflix after quitting royal duties in 2020 for a new life in the US, will bring a crew with them.
Ms Oliveri compared September’s visit to the Sussexes’ return for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June.
The royal expert said this time Harry and Meghan have “no restrictions” from the Royal Family.
Writing for 9Honey, Ms Oliveri said: “It’s highly likely the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will bring a production crew with them to Germany and England in the coming weeks.
“After all, for this visit they have no restrictions imposed by the Royal Family about what they can and cannot film.
“Netflix cameras were reportedly banned from covering Prince Harry and Meghan’s visit during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June.
“Crews were not given official accreditation for the four-day weekend and warned they would be ‘moved on’ if spotted near the royal events.”
Ms Oliveri added: “Next month, though, is expected to be very different with no such rules being forced upon the Sussexes.”
It comes after they were joined by cameras from the streaming giant at the Invictus Games in The Hague in April.
Harry and Meghan’s UK trip was announced by a spokesperson earlier this week.
The spokesperson said: “Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are delighted to visit with several charities close to their hearts in early September.”
The couple’s first stop is Manchester for the One Young World Summit, an event which brings together young leaders from more than 190 countries, on September 5.
Meghan, a counsellor for the organisation, will give the keynote address at the opening ceremony.
They will also meet a group of summit delegates doing “outstanding work on gender equality”, One Young World said.
The Sussexes will then head to Germany for the Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 One Year to Go event on September 6.
And they will return to the UK for the WellChild Awards in London on September 8 where Harry will deliver a speech.
The trip is the first time Harry and Meghan, who are living in California with their two children, have travelled to Britain since the Jubilee bank holiday weekend.
It comes as the Duke is embroiled in a legal battle with the Home Office over police protection for his family while in the UK.
Meanwhile, his memoir is due out later this year with the Royal Family bracing for the tell-all book.